Summer

The past month has been scurrying about with some big life changes (a graduation, job hunting, and prospective move) so my postings might be slim, but I'll share as I have time and news.  I am still writing as I find time and am hoping that with the job change that I'll be working part-time (instead of full) and with that will have more time to devote to storycraft.  I owe it all to Mr Amazing Dude who not only supports, but understands my need to spin a yarn (or two, or ten).  I'm so blessed by him!

Check out the books on my Bookshelf.  For summer reading, I especially recommend Lisa Wingate's Tending Roses series.  I've only read books 3-5 (didn't realize they were a series until I read the last one).  Highly recommend for some enjoyable thoughtful contemporary fiction with happy endings with a slightly southern flair.  (Feels more mid-west to me...but that's because I used to live in the states she writes about.)

If you're more suspense or mystery inclined, do check out Sibella Giorello's Raleigh Harmon series.  She just came out with book 4 earlier this year and I cannot WAIT for book 5. :-)  Fast-paced, intentional writing with a very strong sense of setting and an engaging different sort of heroine.

Meanwhile, I'm doing some scribbling of my own.  Still working on my WIPs, but have a new craze that hit me this weekend.  And it's totally outside my normal genre.  My secret asset will be Mr Amazing Dude who is familiar with all things Sci-Fi and enjoys a rousing philosophical or theological debate.  My latest story does straddle a couple of genres but would probably fall solidly within the sci-fi realm. (Think Sky Captain and the World of Tomorrow meets X-men meets The Village).  So not my thing but the story is literally poring out of me.  I can't stop it.  I love it!

Comments

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by my blog. Did something strike a chord with you? Let me know your thoughts!

Popular Posts