Grateful

As the sun heats up the new day and I send Mr. Amazing Dude off to work, I realize I'm full of gratitude today. It's not that I'm an ungrateful person or anything, but I don't often catch myself feeling thankful to God at random. It's usually the byproduct of answered prayer, an emergency situation being resolved, etc.

But today it just happened. And I relish in it--even thanking Him for the overwhelming, peaceful sense of thanks. Enjoying Him reminds me of all the little things that happened over the past several days that probably fed into this morning's gratitude--things that I didn't see until I looked below the surface. Things like growing a new friendship and renewing an old one; reaping an abundant harvest of veggies from our garden and realizing that aside from our bits of weeding and waters, it's really God who makes it all grow; reuniting with Mr Amazing Dude last night after he'd been hiking with his brothers all weekend; witnessing God's Spirit alive and flourishing at a friend's church--a denomination I'd never attended services at before--and being reminded of the fullness, variety and expanse of God's manifestation within His body.

Cathédrale Notre-Dame-de-Strasbourg in Strasbourg, France. I sensed His Spirit here too back when I visited in 2008

Oh, and I'm grateful for this blog and the ways y'all encourage me to keep writing, scribbling, typing, and dreaming. I thank God I'm able to count you as friends, whether in person or virtually. :-)

Comments

Popular Posts